Sep 22, 2008

Every Magnetic Leader Has READ THIS

By David Schwind


If you haven't read this, you should be ASHAMED of yourself.

I'm serious, you should know this... and if you don't, it's ok... you can redeem yourself by reading this entire article...

So last week... I was at a Texas airport, drinking my Mocha, getting ready to fly back to California, when I purchased a small book before boarding my plane called "Minute Motivators For Leaders".

Now the information wasn't really anything new, but it was fun and inspiring. It did however, remind me of something I know to be true from psychological studies...

There are 3 Major ways to motivate people... 2 of which, I've already talked about in previous articles which were "flattery" and "inspiration". I've talked about ways to implement those methods in your ads for maximum response.

The third one is a bit different though, but VERY facinating, and VERY powerful.

It should not be taken lightly... and that's "guilt".

Primarily guilt by association... or lack there of.
Let me explain...

(This is what every Magnetic Leader knows or has read...)
"Every one of us wants to work with and learn from the best."

And there is some "extended- truth" to that statement... Everyone, including you, also wants to be "associated" with the best.

That's what put you RIGHT HERE reading these very words! ...Whether you realize it or not.

But it's true...

We ALL want to belong, even you and me. We all want to be apart of the "insiders circle". We want to learn, know and "do" as the leaders do. And most of all... we want to be recognized as a part of it.

This recognition will stem from our "association", which is where we sub-consiously know our recognition is going to be awarded.

So in essence, our association is where our motivation lies. All people want to be associated with the "supreme" of their industry.

It's instictive.

Now the funny thing is it's this "instinctiveness" that compelled you to click on this article, and it's the "guilt factor" that caused you to begin reading it.

But the funnier thing is how I did it.

I simply removed "you" from the "insiders circle". I removed you from the "group of leaders". Not litterally, but with my title, I removed your "association" and you sub-consiously didn't like it!

You needed to "re-engage."
To simplify... I used "guilt and association" to force you into reading this article. And it was for a good cause... as to teach you... I have to demonstrate first hand.
I hope you're not mad. ;)

Let me show you exactly what I mean... and why this worked on you...

1.) The title contains a blatant embedded command designed to catch the "searching eye"... "READ THIS". See it at the end of the title? It's even SHOUTING in all CAPS! But it still appears subtle.

2.) "Every Magnetic Leader Has READ THIS". - This implies that "magnetic leaders" know something you may not, and if you belong to their group, then you MUST READ it too! It also might make you "uncomfortable" feeling possibly 'out of the loop' if you consider yourself to be a 'magnetic leader'.

See how I sparked your animosity? Neat ay?
So when writing your ads, remember association and/or guilt can be VERY POWERFUL motivators to get prospects attension!

After all... it worked on YOU! ;)
Just be sure to use it in a positive context ...or you will be banned from the "circle of leaders". ;)
Well, I hope you found this article delightful, that's it for today!

Think up some ways to use "guilt/associatoin" in your own ads and go spin some heads!
Goodluck! :)
…………………………………………………………………………………………
Now read and learn from some of the responses to this post:

Great Work!
Hey,nicely done.
I have experienced first hand that guilt association as a matter of empowering people to take action is more powerful then to just motivate.

I have realized like two years ago that motivating people is great, but some just dont get it.That is why I make fun of it now and I tell everyone that I do not motivate people. I irritate them - in a sense of a guilt association.

figured that if I just "motivate people" they all get hyped up, are ready to tear their business apart and at the end nothing was done.

When I "irritate" them with guilt - you see how that bothers them. And believe me they either fix it ASAP.

Anyway, it's nice to see good thinking leaders in this community.

All the best,
Brett ;)

You hit right smack on target!
I have this constant burning question on my mind: "How do i motivate my downlines to do what I am doing?" I have been asking them about their goals and objectives and to plan around that.

I will use your suggestion and up a notch in my approach. Thanks!

...............................................................................................................

Use these same technics to write headlines for your advertising and you will see amazing results.

Frank Tocco—MLM Mentoring
P.S. I forgot to mention that every leader has visited my profile. If you're a leader, you will too, RIGHT? Just click here to visit my profile now.

No comments: